Are you behind on Christmas cheer this year? Grinch is in full effect? Maybe your behind on shopping or just don’t want to have any fucking Christmas spirit. Never fear!! Vivi is here! I am listening some Christmas catch-up things that will be fun and not lead you to a ledge.
I created an epic playlist last year for Christmas and though it is pretty perfect, I have added River by Iron Man and My Only Wish this Year by Britney Spears. Listen:
Christmas TV shows are quick ways to get a jolt of Christmas without having to watch a movie. They can also be edgier than the movies. Some of my favorites:
- Boondocks – Huey Freeman Christmas
- The Office- Christmas Party
- West Wing – Holy Night
- Community- Abed’s Uncontrollable Christmas
- The Funny: ELF!!!
- The Sappy and loosely based on Christmas: Love Actually
- Classic that is fun and lovely: White Christmas
- I created the best comic book gift giving guide.
- Booze!! Champagne for mom; Scotch for dad; Smirnoff ice for your 19 year old sister (probably shouldn’t do that)
- Neil Gaiman books-
American Gods – for the challenging reader
Neverwhere /Stardust- for the light reader
Fortunately the Milk/Graveyard Book- for the older children
Chu’s Day- for the wee children
Good Omens– for the whimsical
Sandman– for the comic book lover
- Just put it in a paper bag and then put a shit ton of ribbons and bows on that.
- Glitter your crotch (it is a gift and wrapping!!)
- A simple box or bag and tape candy all over it. (Not for Wilford Brimley or Brett Michaels)
- Throw tinsel on everything.
- Buy the cheap light sets and string those up
- If you are adventurous do this. A Christmas to forget:
If you have kids:
- Santa Tracker
- Snow- Throw them outside to build something.
- No Snow? – Take them to the beach and tell them to build a house for Santa. Or just buy a ton of cotton balls and throw those into a kiddie pool.
- Eggnog with bourbon and nutmeg
- Hot Chocolate with bourbon
- Coffee with bourbon and Irish cream
- Hot cider with bourbon
- Get those refrigerated sugar cookies and bake those up.
- Spread some jam on on top it with another.
- Spread some nutella or cookie butter and top it with another.
- Put red hots or m&ms on the top of the cookies before you bake them.
- Stick a candy-cane kiss in the center.
- Get refrigerated peanut butter cookies bake them
- Spread jam and you have PB & J cookies
- Nutella would also be awesome
- S more’s bites: Jumbo marshmallows and dip one end in chocolate and then dip into graham cracker crumbs.