- Veronica Mars– Movie is out in theaters on March 14th. You can do a rewatch with other people and some of the cast by following this twitter: https://twitter.com/neptunerising. I have been doing it a bit with Andreaboo who hasn’t seen all of the show. This show is still amazing and everyone still needs to see it.
- True Detective- Torso. I love the way MM says torso. Watch this show. It is the best show you are not watching because you don’t have HBO. There is no other reason why you aren’t watching this show. NONE. Also Torso.
- Hellboy: Seed of Destruction (Mike Mignola)– I have seen the movies so I knew I would love the comic book and I do. Though I have a soft spot for Abe Sapien movie style more so than drawn. But until we have Harry Potteresque images, it’ll do.
- Spider-Man Blue (Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale)- First Spidey!! There is something to be said about the teenage/young adult superhero that makes things fun in a new way. Plus I do love that all Spidey villains are examples of SCIENCE BAD.
- Pretty Deadly (Kelly Sue Deconnick and Emma Rios)- This was issue 4 and I am still in mega love with this series. It is a bit confusing but I am curious to see how it all plays out.
- Watchmen (Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons)- Enough time has passed since I have seen the movie that I am giving the graphic novel a full chance. I can’t put it down but it is the meatiest graphic novel I have read thus far. It is taking some time to treat this book with the weight it deserves.
- Ms Marvel (Adrian Alphona / G. Willow Wilson)- You all need to be reading this now. Buy it and read it. now. GO. I have my copy but since I am at work I can’t read it yet. But SOON
- Goldfinch by Donna Tartt- I don’t know if I should recommend it or not. I am about 50% of the way through the book and I love reading it. I don’t necessarily need to read the book but once I start then I can’t stop reading.
- Ocean At The End Of The Lane by Neil Gaiman– I read and gushed about this book last year but I am now listening to the audiobook version. I highly recommend that everyone picks up any audiobook by Gaiman just to hear his warm honey like voice lull you into a magical world. Also realized with its run time of 5hrs and 48min that it shows how little I am sleeping at times. I fell asleep to it last night and it was still going when I woke up.
- There Will Be Blood- I was sick so I used the time to catch up on movies I should have seen. Amazing, wonderful and all the good adjectives. Paul Thomas Anderson may be my favorite director now and the maker of some of my favorite movies.
- Glengarry Glen Ross– I know why I had to see this, the acting is great. However, this movie is booooooooooooooooooooooooooring. I DON’T CARE. Also they talk about Glengarry but nothing about Glen Ross. WHO IS GLEN ROSS? And why is no one worried? He is in a ditch covered in petrol?
- The Trip- Hilarious but a bit long. This was originally a TV show that was cut into a movie. I think I would have liked it better if it was in smaller segments.
- Raging Bull– Andreaboo has gotten me to appreciate the more technical aspects of movies and I really noticed them with this film. I noticed all the camera angles, the editing, music, framing of the scenes. All of this in addition to the amazing acting. Aces plus for this movie though I will never watch it again because I could careless about boxing movies. All male boxing movies make it seem like the main guy is such a troubled soul that needs all this special attention because he is such masculine loner. All because he is the best at punching people in the face. I don’t get it. My vagina doesn’t get it.
- Ponyo– Besides the fact that she likes ham, Ponyo is the sweetest thing ever. It is like they made a movie just about Mei from Totoro and I am totally okay with that. Charming, whimsical and insanely beautiful.
- Built two snow-people. A sad weepy kid and a woman who begs for gifts.
- Nursed a blue squirrel back to health.
- Kicked a Yellow Sheep out of Soup. She was mucking things up
- Someone calls me M because I am like Judi Dench Bond.
- The campsite is full of shady motherfuckers that just want to steal my money and not move to this town.
- I had to buy a fridge that I don’t need so a deer wouldn’t cry.
- I’ve decided to give people catch-phrases that are related to soups. First up changing someones “grumble” to “gumbo”.
- Playing the Stalk Market and if I make it big in this market I will totally be doing blow off of one of these deer’s asses.
- Never Not Funny– This podcast that is my ultimate favorite is now on the Earwolf network. No excuse not to listen to this show I listen to daily. And I have for probably the last 5 years or so and it is still funny.
- NPR Pop Culture Happy Hour– I tried this today and I love this show. It is your weekly pop culture blanket.
- Played Tokaido for the first time this weekend. I LOVE THIS GAME. A simple enough game where you are traveling across Japan and stop and look at pretty things, make temple offerings, buy souvenirs, eat yummy foods. The more you do the better your score. I was this badass traveler:
- Tried a brewery called 2Kids Brewing Company. They have beers that aren’t typical for the San Diego brewery. They also have small awesome things like this in their bathroom:
Since it has been awhile since I have posted this, I have a good collection of videos.
- Winter Olympics is starting Friday. I hate Russia being dicks but I love curling. The British are serious about their olympics.
- Boys II Men and slaps.
- Love Grace Helbig’s instructional cooking videos.
- A funny and sweet American Idol audition. Seriously.
- The Trip (see above) have a new version coming out.
- More people who are in my Animal Crossing cult. Seriously if I start to disown some of you because you won’t accept my squirrels as my friends, you have permission to slap me. Sing the Boys II Men song first. (call back!)
- Angel Haze. If you like hip-hop then you should know and love her. If not then this cover of Drunk in Love is amazing anyways. Know and love it.
- Full House reunion- ain’t nothing wrong with that.
- Anna Kendrick being hot and hilarious.
- Your first Neil Gaiman audio-book in less than 6 minutes. It is your gateway. First one is always free.
- Adorable song from Animal Crossing. (I have a problem but I will not solve it.)
- The Greatest Event In Television History on YouTube!