Last post I did that featured “stuff of the month”, I talked about how bad I was at taking pictures. It isn’t only that I suck at taking them before I barrel into the package, they also often are just really bad pictures. I have no patience for lighting , framing, focusing. So that is what is featured in this mess. You can look online if you want better. 🙂
Bit of background as I introduce these monthly things- Ipsy is a beauty bag of the month. You literally get a nice little bag each month, filled with goodies. Most are full size or larger sample size items and it weighs more towards the make-up as opposed to skin/hair care items. I have been doing this for about a year and I really do love this bag. Also it is only $10 a month so a good small start into this whole monthly thing.
September’s Theme is Street Style. Look at this bag it is totes “street”:
The bag is soft like the Streets (the UK Rap Group or Solo Group? Am I the only one that is confused/bothered by solo people naming themselves like a group of people? Also doesn’t it make you easily replaceable?). Ooh the Studs to represent the 4 gigolos of the street.
So now the items. Lets start with skin care:
1. Mitchell and Peach- Luxury Hand Cream: Oooh luxury. I can tell you are at least trying to be luxury by your lack of images and plain type. I get it already. You don’t need to add the word to make me feel all small. I know I can’t afford luxury; you know I can’t afford luxury. The hand cream is super nice and soft but $27 for 3 oz of hand cream isn’t worth it. The Body Shop suits me just fine. You could have passed on some of the savings you got for simplistic packaging on to me but noooooooooo.
2. Nourish Organic Moisturizing Cream Face Cleanser: It advertises aloe vera, watercress and cucumber. It smells weird. Not chemical but just weird. Like I am trying to rub my face with weird salad. I don’t want to rub my face with weird salad. It does clean my face but it felt dry afterwards. And what we all know about the world is only heathens like dry salad. A tossed salad should always be moist.
3. Pacifica Natural Water-Proof Eye Pencil (Gunmetal): It is the little white stick up top (boom?!) I didn’t open or try this one. I assume it is probably pretty solid but I have a couple of gray/silver eyeliners and I don’t need another so I plan on giving it away. Nothing funny to say here. Unless you want to use this for the not fully committed to emo look. Do emo kids still use the black eyeliner?
4. Crown Brush Infinity Shadow/Crease Duet Brush: The long black stick in the middle (boom?!) I haven’t tried it yet but I have felt it. Its so fluffy! Its so soft! It seems like it will be a good thing and something to put in my “to go” make up bag.
5. Cailyn Art Touch Tinted Lip Gloss (Love Affair): It is red as you can see on the bag and for me it doesn’t look so good on my lips. Look at this horrible picture:
This is it swatched:
It feels really nice on my lips so I did try it with this Burt’s Bees Lip Crayon I have in Redwood Forest. And those combined is sexy. Sorry no pictures available.