Random things I have been liking in the last month or so. I could enjoy them all this week, so it could be a “this week in Vivi” but that would be a lie. Liars are worse than the devil. He is upfront with all he entices you with and if he doesn’t then you are the idiot. Who the fuck doesn’t know about the devil and that he a) promises things that he can’t promise b) lives in a pit of fire. So if you don’t like fire then don’t make deals. You don’t need a music career that bad, Billy Ocean.
Note: almost every subject is linked so you can learn more. 🙂
So much music I have discovered but these are the things that are making me the most excited.
- Father John Misty
I hear things and he is coming to San Diego and so I listened. I like muchly. That simple folk/indie style. I really like this song though everything on the album Fear Fun, is really good. Devil would find it boring, so i say that is a plus.
- Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud
This song makes me all mushy happy and I love to sing along. You may need to listen to it about 10 times before it burrows into your brain and I highly suggest that. It is much better than a pit of fire. Perfect if you want to drink more water but need to add a bunch of stuff to make it taste better.
- Adam Levine (from Begin Again) – Lost Stars
Current earworm. Saw this movie (will talk more below) and this song sticks with me the most.
- Concert Season is approaching and I have tickets to the following:
- JMSN -a sultrier, sexier Justin Timberlake
- Joshua Radin – squee good solid indie pop songs. I realize with this, Father John Misty, and the Mountain Goats, I am listening to a lot of those indie dudes. I really wish I could give you words to describe them better. And they are all different too but there is a singular focus to my head.
- Trampled by Turtles – mild bluegrass anyone? Devil loves it. He goes to Georgia for it, I hear.
- Belle and Sebastian– mega squee. All of the adorkable girls represent!!! And if you think you are adorkable and you don’t like B&S then you are adorabroken.
- Marina and the Diamonds– Looking for opportunities to dance my ass off. Not literally. That is some devil shit. No idea why I have it out for the devil today but really isn’t anyone worse to go after. Maybe someone who is real and actually killed people but that is just too real. #realpeopleproblems
- The Decemberists– I seriously doubted them coming to San Diego and that I would be going. Squee. Also the video linked is amazing and has Nick Offerman.
- Painted Nails- Been painting my nails like a BAWSE on the regular. Heeeeeeeeey. All the nail people represent. (no fucking clue either)
- MAC Miley Cyrus Viva Glam – Another no fucking clue. I needed it. I needed it bad. You know what I mean. The hot pinkness of it all. Not a Miley fan per se. No devils here.
- Shiro Cosmetics Eyeshadows- Legends Collection (colors: Heart Piece, Hero of Ages, Triforce)
Seven Kingdoms Collection (color: Climbing Chaos)
These are pigmented as fucked (this is good for eyeshadow) and last a long time. I looked fierce wearing the Heart Piece. And great names and art work.
- MAC- Eye Shadow Palette
In order to “save money” I got the palette to start filling with eye shadows. I now have 5 and if i remember the colors are Da Bling, Aquadisac, Shroom, Sushi Flower, Amber Lights. Love them all and the palette. It is so preeeeeetttty.
- Eldritch Horror
Mega game that is heavily themed around HP Lovecraft. There are mini stories, monsters, all types of horror. It is beautiful and perfect. One of my goals for 2015 was to do full plays of games we barely touched. This is number one and it was so much fun. 3 hours worth of fun.
- Settlers of Catan
I only got to play my copy once before but was able to play it a bunch of times around Christmas. I love this game so much. The thing I love most about this game that isn’t as strong in other games is that every turn requires everyone to pay attention and be involved. If you don’t then you will lose valuable resources (literally). The devil hates this game because he is such a scatterbrained ninypoopz.
- Mario Kart
I have been playing this crazy ass game because I need to be better. I need to beat Andrea boo when he comes in March. Or at least not fall off cliffs. Also Waluigi is the new Toad in my life. annoying as fuck (totes devil)
- Pokemon X
Instead of reading great Russian Literature last night, I spent all of my evening catching up on my Squirtle, Lucario and the like. Squirtle now has cannons because, cannons?
- 8 out of 10 Cats does Countdown / Big Fat Quiz
They are so silly and sometimes fucking hilarious. I can’t stop watching both of these. Thanks to the power of YouTube I can find them everywhere.
This show is beautiful, tense, quirky, fun, amazing. So because I used a lot of descriptive words you need to see the show if you haven’t.
- Begin Again
From the dude who did Once. If you like Once, then you will like this movie. Also Mark Ruffalo. Just watch it.
- Tinker Tailor Solider Spy
Three years behind on this movie. it is amazing. Just beautiful spy awesome. Yum trifecta too: Benedict Cumberbatch, Tom Hardy, and Colin Firth.
Random (probably white girl things)